Sunday, June 14, 2015

I Visted My Yarn Room this Morning

Oh Boy! I went downstairs to do the laundry and was side tracked by my messy, very messy yarn room. The poor room has been neglected lately due to the fact I have been working on so many different things. So I took a little time, and dug through some things and found a couple of UFO that I had totally forgot about. One was a scarf that I started maybe 3 years ago, I have no idea what the pattern was, but after taking a look I think I can make it into a cowl and call it good. I found a baby blanket that was started by another lady, then given to me to finish about 2 years ago. It's a simple pattern that I think I can pick up and finish. I found others that I had no idea what I was doing. Those will be frogged or donated to the trash man. I can't believe that I have let my knitting room go so bad. I am totally embarrassed at the stage of disarray. But, I don't have time to really dig in and get it shaped up. So I will be adding that to my to do list, for this fall. Yep, I said Fall. Only because I have so many other things on my plate that I won't have time until September or October. UGH!!

I had an idea for decoration at the yarn shop and I decided to give it a try and see how it would work out. I purchased a blow up beach ball for a $1 and the Dollar store and found some red yarn. I begun wrapping the yarn around the beach ball to form a huge ball of yarn. I had it almost covered when I ran out.... Well, as I was working in my yarn room I looked and looked for another bit of red yarn. To my surprise I have no red yarn in my stash! What the heck! But I did find 2 skeins of orange. So I think I will try again and just make it orange. But I really want red, I may have to go buy some red yarn to finish this project.

Update on Baby G, He is 8 and a half months old now. He is pulling up and just started getting the courage to let go and stand for a split second before he plops down on his bottom. He is also teething something awful right now. Along with all that, he has broke out in a horrible diaper rash. We are doing everything we can think of to clear it up. My little guy just hasn't been that happy this week.

As far as the yarn shop, I don't have much news on it. But I do have my eyes on this sweet girl that works in the quilt shop. She is a knitter too. We talked the other day and she really wants to come work in the yarn shop. I think I will see if I can snag her from the main shop to work with me. I love her personality and she has tremendous knitting knowledge. She has been knitting almost all her life. She was taught by her mother and is very much in the know of the young knitters. So I am crossing my fingers that Mary can help out in the yarn shop when it opens. I've also got my eye on a couple other ladies at the quilt shop. Nicole, I've worked with her a few times and she is very detail ordinated and once she is set on a task she gets it done. The other thing I love about Nicole, is her smile. She comes off a little shy at first, but when she smiles her face really warms up. The other young lady is Sara, however, Sara doesn't want to learn to knit and she is fitting in very well at the main quilt shop and does an amazing job. As much I would love to work with her, because she lifts my spirits every time I'm around her, I don't think it will happen.

It is exciting to visit with people about the soon to open yarn shop. It's crazy how many quilters are knitters and the are all super excited that soon we will have yarn available. I've received nothing but positive feedback from our shoppers. I'm crossing my fingers that this shop will take off like a rocket! I can't wait to find a group of knitters to share ideas with. Maybe, if we have enough local knitters we can start a knitting group one night a month.

What's on my Needles?
Well, right now I'm working on a new sock pattern. I've already titled it Big Foot. My husband has a size 13 foot and wants a pair of socks. I'm working out the numbers and trying to find a pattern that is interesting to knit but plain enough for a guy to like enough to wear them.

I've got ideas in the back of my head for an apron, revisiting my towel toper, and I might attempt another sweater.

I don't know about sweaters. I've made a few and they have all had stories of their own on how they turned out. But I have this fear in my gut about making fitted garments... To me, Socks are safe and easy. Sweaters are Mount Everest!

No comments:

Post a Comment