Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baby, Fireworks, Yarn Patterns and Quilt Shop

Yep my plate is full right now.

First off, Baby G is turning 9 months soon and I need to get him in for his check up. He is teething and not sleeping well, thus, I am not sleeping well.

Next week our tent will be set and product delivered for our firework tent. My husband runs it, but I help with pricing, inventory control, scheduling, payroll, running to the store and breaking him so he can go home to rest and take a shower. This year the tent is setting a week earlier than normal. So instead of two weeks, we are looking at three full weeks of life under the big top. If you have never worked a firework tent, you have no idea how hard it is. I'll just leave it at that...

I've also been working on some knitting designs. A simple dish cloth and not so simple socks. I want to get a bunch together and see if I can get them published. That is a dream that I really hope comes true. Next I plan on making a pattern for a baby blanket, re-working my hat design and towel topper. When I'm done I want to have around 10 designs to package.

I'm also working at the Quilt Shop while working on everything else. It has been a blast! Recently I've had the opportunity to spread my wings a little and work in a couple of the small shops. It's been so fun! I can't tell you how many quilters I have ran into that are also knitters! They all seem very excited for the yarn shop to open.

So as of right now, I've got a check up for Baby G, Fireworks for 3 weeks, the yarn shop opening, then a small surgery for Baby G in August. Next thing I know summer will be over...

Oh and my poor garden! I didn't pick all my radishes soon enough and they went to seed. I picked a couple of turnips today and made turnip fries as a snack (yummy). Only one Cauliflower plant made it and the Broccoli looks really sad. Carrots look ok and the yellow squash has blooms. I thing most of the corn got washed away. Nothing else really made it. I think one tomato plant has got a couple of fruits on it. But this year the rain and flooding has not helped the garden grow.

So it's 2am, Baby G is finally sleeping and I need to be up in 3 and half hours to get ready for work... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment